The simplest landing page
A demo for the impatients is available here.
If you are working in a startup, you will probably need a landing page for a marketing campaign under heavy time & budget contraints.
This means :
- avoid spend time on programming,
- avoid spend time on design,
- avoid spend time on graphics (logo, favicon, hero image, etc),
- avoid spend time on server configuration,
- avoid spend recurring money (unbounce, strikingly, etc) for an idea you don’t even know it’ll work or not.
IMHO, the best starting point for a landing page, is :
- an extremely well crafted copywriting,
- a deployment solution to get your landing page visible to the world,
- a robust deployment solution to support strong traffic,
- a template that loads insanely fast,
- a template that works insanely well on mobile devices,
- a mean to chat directly with your customer,
- a mean to collect email from your customer,
- a way to track visit on your website,
- a mean to “make them pay”.
Don’t spend more than 1–2 days on it. A very long but interesting explanation is here.
The only thing that should cost you time and energy is copywriting.
Anything else should be free - and actually is , with very low technical skills.
Here is what I recommend :
- If you don’t agree with bullets points above, I suggest you again the reading of this “epic guide” which largely motivated this simple template.
- Write content inside a Google Doc, you should always start design with content.
- Subscribe to Crisp.Im, Google Analytics, Payfacile, Formspree.
- Go to the GitHub repository of the raw template and follow instructions.
- Deploy this raw Template to GitHub pages.
- (optional) if you want a custom domain, you can buy it at namecheap.com - the only paying stuff of the tutorial, you can get a decent domain for less than 1$ a year.